Best Actuarial Thesis Award - Class of 2021
he award ceremony was held at ENSAE Paris on Monday, October 3 at 6:00 p.m., in the presence of Frédéric Loss (Director of Studies at ENSAE Paris), Isabelle Tournassoud (President of the ENSAE Alumni Association), Philippe Talleux (Vice-President of l’Institut des actuaires).
Congratulations to the winners :
- Valentin GERMAIN who wins the Prize for his thesis "Taking into account climate change in the modeling of biometric and financial risks".
- Boris NOUMEDEM who receives the special mention for his thesis "From the community to the individual: Quantifying to understand the impact of actuarial practices on mutualization"
Congratulations also to the three other nominees whose work impressed the jury composed of :
- 3 representatives of the professional world: Isabelle Tournassoud, Norbert Gautron and Franck Le Vallois
- 2 academic professors from ENSAE Paris: Caroline Hillairet and Christian Yann Robert
- 2 members of the scientific commission of the Institute of Actuaries: Anne Emily and Jérôme Vignancour
The nominees :
- Léa DÉROGIS - What is the effect of bond turnover on the solvency ratio of a life insurer?
- Alexandre MORISSE - Application of recurrent neural networks to the estimation of regulatory calculations
- Nicolas RICHARD - Cash flow prediction in reinsurance: short and long term projection for cash requirement and FX risk management