Research Masters and PhD tracks
In addition to the multidisciplinary training of excellence that constitutes the engineering cycle, ENSAE Paris offers more academic and disciplinary training, oriented towards research and the preparation of a PhD. These courses are run jointly with the partner schools within the Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris).
- The Master's programs, which are two-year courses, allow students to go deeper into one of the proposed disciplinary fields, with a view to research. ENSAE Paris student-engineers have the opportunity to enter directly into the second year of the Master's program.
- The PhD Track programs, selective and individualized 5-year courses, allow students to build a personalized pathway oriented towards their thesis topic from the beginning of their Master's degree, under the direction of a tutor and in immersion in cutting-edge research laboratories. ENSAE Paris student-engineers have the opportunity to enter directly into the second year of the PhD Track.
Set up within the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, these programs are operated jointly by the École Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris, Télécom Paris, Télécom SudParis and other partner establishments such as HEC Paris, CentraleSupélec or the Université Paris-Saclay. More than 70 Masters and PhD tracks are offered in many fields: Biology, Physics, Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Energy, Economics, Computer Science, Sociology, etc. You can find details of the courses (pedagogical objectives, laboratories and associated partners) and all information relating to admissions on the dedicated presentation pages.
The Masters programs in which ENSAE Paris is involved cover the following disciplines: economics, data science, statistics, finance and sociology.
The research courses in partnership, and compatible with the 3rd year of the ENSAE engineering cycle, are
- Master in Economics
- Master Statistics, Finance and Actuarial Science
- Master Data science
- Master Mathematics of Randomness - Statistics & Machine Learning track
- Master Mathematics, Vision and Learning
- Master Mathematics for Life Sciences
- Master Quantitative Sociology and Demography
- Master Random Modelling and Data Science
- PhD Track Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- PhD Track in Economics
- Phd Track Mathematics
Course of the dual education
ENSAE Paris student-engineers can follow the dual curriculum with the Master's degree in parallel with the third year of the engineering cycle.
For ENSAE Paris, this dual education in the engineering cycle and in the Master's or PhD Track is facilitated by the organization of part of the courses in common, by agreements on the organization of the course (when the courses are not operated directly by ENSAE Paris) and by the way in which the education is carried out in the third year of the engineering cycle, where Mondays and Thursdays are free of classes. Finally, under certain conditions, the end-of-studies internship in the third year of the engineering cycle can be shared with the Master's thesis.
All student-engineers apply directly to the Institut Polytechnique de Paris. The list of academic and linguistic prerequisites is available on each of the Masters presentation pages.
For ENSAE Paris student-engineers, applications are generally made during the second year of the engineering cycle, between January and April. For Polytechnic students who enter ENSAE Paris directly in the third year of the engineering cycle and who are interested in this double degree, applications are made independently of the application to ENSAE Paris.
Admissions for the 2022-2023 academic year will take place in three sessions for the master's programs, the first of which will begin on November 23 and end on February 9, 2022.
Applications for the PhD tracks will take place in a single admission session from November 23, 2021 to January 27, 2022.
- Admissions for the year 2022-2023 will take place in three sessions for master's degrees, the first beginning on November 23 and ending on February 9, 2022
- Applications for PhD tracks will take place in a single admission session from November 23, 2021 to January 27, 2022
- Access to the application platform
Financing of tuition fees
Scholarships based on social criteria may be awarded. Applications must be made at the time of registration for the IP Paris Master's program, each year, using the student social file (DSE) to be completed online. The conditions of attribution are those stated on the DSE website.
Once the student social file has been completed online (Master's program / armed forces accreditation / 1st or 2nd year / Institut Polytechnique de Paris) and validated by the CROUS, registration with the Institut Polytechnique de Paris validates the file and triggers the payment of grants.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org