ENSAE & HEC
HEC students are selected from among those who have had more advanced training in mathematics (economic and commercial preparation with a scientific option or B/L preparatory class). ENSAE Paris students are selected, during the second year, from among those who have completed a first year at ENSAE Paris.
HEC Paris students can apply for the double degree:
- Either upon admission to HEC Paris. They are then selected at the beginning of the school year following their admission to the competitive entrance exam (file including grades obtained in the competitive exams, and a motivation oral)
- Or at the end of the M1 at HEC for students who have completed a mathematics degree in parallel with their studies at HEC and have obtained good results. They must send their transcript, CV and cover letter by email to HEC before March 11, 2022. They will then be invited to ENSAE Paris for an interview on the afternoon of April 14.
ENSAE Paris students who are eligible to apply for the double degree are those who entered ENSAE Paris in the first year of the engineering program. They apply for the double degree in the second year.
Course of study
The ENSAE-HEC double degree consists of four years of training after the preparatory classes, supplemented by at least 30 weeks of professional experience.
HEC students at ENSAE
- The first year of the double degree is based on the L3 curriculum at HEC and the first year at ENSAE. In the first semester, students take the core courses of the HEC L3, as well as part of the ENSAE courses, concentrated on one or two half-days of the week. In the second semester, the majority of courses are held at ENSAE
- The second year of the double degree is the M1 at HEC.
- The third year of the double degree is the second year at ENSAE.
- The fourth year of the double degree is either the M2 at HEC or the third year at ENSAE.
HEC Paris students who enter the double degree program at the end of the HEC M1 program join the previous program in the third year of the double degree.
ENSAE students at HEC
- The first year of the double degree is the first year of ENSAE.
- The second year of the double degree is the second year of ENSAE.
- The third year of the double degree is the M1 at HEC.
- The fourth year of the double degree is the M2 at HEC.
To obtain the ENSAE diploma, students must have completed a 6-week internship between the first and second years of the double degree, as well as a 10-week application internship between the third and fourth years of the double degree. To obtain the HEC Paris diploma, students must have completed 30 weeks of work experience. Students may take a gap year between the third and fourth years of the double degree. It includes one or two internships. At least one of these internships must take place abroad. Students who have not fulfilled the 30-week internship requirement at the end of the fourth year of the double degree may do so in the following year.
Students who have completed each year of the program with results deemed sufficient by the academic directors of both schools are authorized to continue the program. Students may choose to withdraw from the double degree program at the end of each year, i.e. to return to the program at their school of origin.
When at HEC, the final year of the double degree is spent in the following majors: sustainable development/finance/financial information, auditing/consulting/international business/marketing/strategic management.
When it takes place at ENSAE, the final year of the double degree can be done within each of ENSAE's third-year specialization tracks.
Students who enter the double degree program after the M1 at HEC must complete the fourth year of the double degree at ENSAE Paris.