Best actuarial thesis Award ceremony - Class of 2022
The Best Actuarial Thesis Award was presented on Tuesday, November 28, 2023, at 6:00 PM at ENSAE Paris. The ceremony took place in the presence of Pierre BISCOURP (Director of ENSAE Paris), Isabelle TOURNASSOUD (President of the ENSAE Alumni association), and Philippe TALLEUX (Vice-president of the Institute of Actuaries).
Congratulations to the laureates:
- Marguerite SAUCÉ, who won the award for her thesis titled "AI and ethics in insurance: a new solution to mitigate proxy discrimination in risk modeling."
- Noureddine OULID AZOUZ, who received a special mention for his thesis on "Net Zero Investment Portfolios."
Also, kudos to the three other nominees whose work impressed the jury composed of:
- Members of the scientific committee of the Institute of Actuaries: Anne EMILY and Jérôme VIGNANCOUR.
- 2 actuarial professionals and teachers at ENSAE Paris: Norbert GAUTRON and Franck LE VALLOIS.
- 1 representative from the professional world and the ENSAE Alumni network: Isabelle TOURNASSOUD.
- 2 academic professors from ENSAE Paris: Caroline HILLAIRET and Olivier LOPEZ.
The three other nominees were:
- Cléa LAOUAR - "Automation of replicating portfolio calibration using genetic algorithms."
- Guillaume SAGAZAN - "Implementation of an inflation model in an economic scenario generator and impact study on a life insurance portfolio."
- Fadi SAHBANI - "Crypto Currency Investments: A risk management approach."