The ENSAE Paris team wins the French Debating 2023 final !
The Hôtel de Lassay at the French National Assembly hosted the 30th edition of the French Debating Association's final tournament on Thursday 6 April. 21 schools and universities competed this year, including ENSAE Paris, which was challenging for the title won last year.
Coached by their English teacher Anne-Marie WOODS, the ENSAE Paris team won the tournament for the 7th time, facing the great debaters from the CPES - Université PSL, in front of a jury composed of:
- M. Christophe Pallez, Honorary Secretary General of the Questure of the French "Assemblée Nationale"
- M. Jean-Luc Lala, Director of the "Département des affaires européennes, internationales, et de défense" of the "Assemblée Nationale"
- Ms. Aoife Ní Fhearghail, Head of Foreign Policy and Strategic Affairs at the Irish Embassy
- M. Gérard Hocmard Obe, Délégué Général of the Association "France - Grande-Bretagne"
- Ms.Maria Doyle, Author, singer and "Marraine" of the Association "Voir ensemble"
- Ms. Sophie Loussouarn, Professor of British History and Representative of the English Speaking Union
- M. Emmanuel Lemoine, Co-founder and first Secretary General of the FDA in 1993
2023 Final replay is available on Facebook
Reminder of the matches played previously
- 02/09 : THBT marriage is outdated ; Gov : ENS Ulm vs Opp : ENSAE Paris
- 02/17 : THB satire is dead ; Gov : ENSAE Paris vs Opp : IÉSEG
- 03/13 : THBT experts have the answer ; Gov : ENSAE Paris vs Opp : Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
- 03/27 : THW rather be kind than smart ; Gov : Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne vs Opp : ENSAE Paris
- 0406 : THBT convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies ; Gov : Université PSL - CPES vs Opp : ENSAE Paris