ENSAE Paris and CREST are currently inviting applications for a position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Statistics and/or Machine Learning.
The appointment starts in September, 2020, at the earliest. Salary is competitive according to qualifications. The teaching duties are reduced compared to French university standards. At the appointment, knowledge of French is not required but it is expected that the appointee will acquire a workable knowledge of French in a reasonable time. At the Assistant Professor level, the position is for an initial three-year term renewable for another three years before the tenure evaluation.
– PhD in Statistics or Machine Learning
– Outstanding research, including subjects in high-dimensional statistics and machine learning
– Publications in leading international journals in statistics or leading outlets in machine Learning
Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Machine Learning for engineers and to supervise projects in Applied Statistics. At the Assistant Professor level, the successful candidate is expected to teach at least one course in mathematics, applied mathematics or introductory statistics at the undergraduate level, and one course in the “Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning” specialization track during the third year of ENSAE (Master level). Associate Professors typically teach one more advanced course.
Applications should be submitted in French or in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
– Curriculum vitae
– Statement of research and teaching interests
– Names and addresses of three or more individuals willing to provide letters of reference
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020
Selected candidates will be invited to present their work and project at ENSAE‐CREST.