ENSAE Paris students are strongly encouraged to go abroad for internships and/or within the framework of academic exchanges. All are required to go abroad for at least 4 weeks, throughout their studies at ENSAE Paris.
Erasmus+ exchange agreements
Within the Erasmus+ program, ENSAE Paris students who have completed the second year of the Ingénieur ENSAE program can study abroad for one semester in a European partner university:
- during the second semester of the third year (30 ECTS validated in the exchange semester abroad replace the second semester of the 3A program)
- between the second and the third year, as part of a long internship year (6-month internship + 1 academic exchange semester).
The courses taken must reflect both the level and the fields of teaching of the specialization chosen by the student engineer at the beginning of the third year. The teaching program must first be validated by the Director of graduate studies.
- Universität Mannheim
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Technische Universität München
- Universität Bonn
- Sapienza Università di Roma
- Università di Bologna
Other exchange agreements
ENSAE Paris has partnership agreements outside Europe. Engineering students have the possibility of a mobility over one or two semesters, under the same conditions as those above.
- Université de Montréal, département d’économie
- Higher School of Economics de Moscou
Year 3 abroad
ENSAE Paris engineering students who have completed the first year of the Ingénieur ENSAE program may replace their third year with a year abroad, in a foreign university, at the master’s level or first year of PhD.
This exchange can take place in any foreign university, as long as the study program chosen reflects both the level of excellence and the fields of teaching provided by ENSAE Paris.
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin : Master in Economics / Master in Statistics
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics : Master in International Trade, Finance and Development
- Berkeley University of California : Master in Financial Engineering / Master in Mathematics in Finance
- Columbia University : Master in Financial Engineering / MSc in Data Science / MSc in Operation research
- New-York University : MSc in Finance
- Brown University : Master in Biostatistics
- Princeton University : Master in Finance
- Imperial College London : MSc in Mathematics and Finance / MSc in Computing, Machine Learning / MSc in Statistics / MSc in Risk Management and Financial Engineering / MSc in Finance
- London School of Economics : MSc in Finance
- University of Cambridge : Master of Advanced study in Mathematics
- University of Oxford : MSc in Mathematics and Computational Finance / MSc in Finance
All internships can be carried out abroad, with the exception of the part-time internship which takes place in parallel with the third year courses. Students are encouraged to do at least one of their “opening”, “application”, “long” or “graduation” internships abroad.
It is up to the students to find and organize their internships. The Internship department and ENSAE Paris’ permanent teachers will support them in their efforts (proofreading of cover letters, obtaining letters of recommendation, etc.). ENSAE Paris will also provide students with international internship offers (notably in London, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, etc.).
Learn more about funding on this page (in French).