ENSAE Paris and CREST are currently inviting applications for a position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Quantitative Sociology.
ENSAE Paris is one of the leading French Grande Écoles specialized in Economics, Data Science, Quan-titative Social Sciences, Finance and Actuarial Science. The School is deeply related to the Center for Research in Economics and Statistics (CREST), one of France’s leading research centers in the fields of economics, quantitative sociology, statistics and finance. ENSAE Paris is a founding member of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, together with some of France’s most prestigious graduate schools of engineering.
Sociologists at ENSAE Paris-CREST have a strong expertise in statistical methodology and a rich practice with international datasets. Our current research addresses questions of social mobility and inequality; demography, gender and the family; lifestyles and cultural practices; economic sociology; migration and immigration; health inequalities; social science genomics; political practices; computational social sciences. The Department has a proactive visiting scholar policy and a research seminar with regular participation from international scholars. We teach courses in the ENSAE curriculum and in the Master program in Quantitative Sociology and Demography. We have a dynamic group of doctoral students who participate actively in the daily life and research activities of the Department.
Description of position
Date of appointment: September 2020 (negotiable).
- PhD in Sociology or a related discipline (at the time of appointment);
- Solid general knowledge in sociology;
- Proficiency in advanced quantitative methods;
- International-level publication record or potential;
- Proficiency in English (proficiency in French is not required);
- Active participation in international academic networks.
The position has no citizenship requirement. Contract type (Assistant or Associate) and salary depend on the diplomas, experience and research potential of the successful candidate. At the Assistant Professor level the position is for an initial three-year term renewable for another three years before tenure evaluation. Assistant Professors are expected to teach at least one course at the undergraduate level and one course at the Master level. Associate Professors typically teach one more advanced course.
Applicants should submit (email@example.com) the following documents (in English, PDF format):
- Curriculum vitae;
- Research statement (3 pages);
- Teaching statement (1 page);
- Names and corresponding information of three individuals willing to provide letters of reference.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at ENSAE Paris-CREST.
- Ivaylo D. Petev, head of Sociology Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arnak Dalalyan, director of CREST: email@example.com
- Laurent Davezies, head of graduate studies at ENSAE Paris: firstname.lastname@example.org