Many ENSAE students choose to study abroad. Studies should be selected so as to be the equivalent of ENSAE’s final year. Students must select universities providing excellent training in one of the various subjects taught at ENSAE. Only students having achieved good results at ENSAE may be allowed to study abroad.
There is no restriction a priori on the programs that can be followed abroad. Every student can submit their project to the director of graduate studies. The scientific quality of this project is then assessed on a case-by-case basis. However, students are encouraged to consider the list of programs followed by ENSAE’s student in the past. The institutions in charge of these traditional partnerships have gained good knowledge of the academic standards achieved by ENSAE’s students at the end of the second year (equivalent to three BScs in mathematics, economics and statistics).
Since 1997 ENSAE and Berlin Humboldt University have had a common curriculum in quantitative economics, statistics an finance within the German-French University. German students attend ENSAE for the first two years of courses. They will then spend the third and final year in Germany together with the French students involved in the program. Those students can thus get the diploma of the sister university. The ENSAI and Mannheim University have also been part of the program for a few years now.
ENSAE students improve their German during years 1 and 2. They may get a crash course at HUB or Mannheim after year 1. German students are selected after having completed the Vordiplom; they will then get a crash course in French in Paris during the summer before entering ENSAE. At ENSAE, French as a foreign language is compulsory for all foreign students not having studied in French-speaking schools.
The selecting committee meets in Paris, Berlin, Rennes or Mannheim.
ERASMUS+ exchange agreements
ENSAE SIGNED THE ERASMUS CHARTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION FOR 2014-2020. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT BY CLICKING THE LINK.
ENSAE has formal exchange agreements with the following institutions :
- University of Bonn
- University of Bologne
- University La Sapienza (Rome)
- University of Mannheim
ENSAE is also part of the agreements signed by ParisTech with numerous universities :
- China, Beijing : Tsinghua University, Beijing University, China Agricultural University
- China, Nankin : Nanjing University, South East University, Nanjing Agricultural University
- China, Shanghaï : Tongji, Jiaotong et Fudan
- Corea : Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Argentina : Cuyo University, Buenos Aires Technical Institute
- Brasil : Sao Paulo University, Campinas State University
- Mexico : campus Monterrey, Universidad de Nuevo Leon, Universidad de Guadalajara, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
- Tchech republic : Prague Technical University
- Turkey : Université Bogazici
One of the goals of ParisTech is precisely to strenghten the international recognition of the French system of Grandes écoles.