For more information
If you have specific questions to ask students coming from your geographical area (China, Africa, Latin America), we can put you in contact with our referring students.
For 75 years, ENSAE Paris has been one of France’s leading institutions for Statistics and Economics, under the direction of such distinguished scientific personalities as Edmond Malinvaud. ENSAE’s scientific program is pluridisciplinary, combining three main fields of education and research:
- Data science, Statistics and Machine Learning
- Quantitative Economics and Sociology
- Finance and Actuarial Science
In each of its fields of excellence, ENSAE’s unique approach is to put a strong emphasis on mathematical modeling as well as empirical approaches based on data. ENSAE’s pedagogical project is also a combination of state of the art quantitative methods and advanced field-knowledge.
What makes ENSAE’s curriculum special is that it is based on a dialogue between Economics and Statistics (with a strong core of Applied Mathematics) and on a dialogue between Theory and Data-based approaches. Few schools offer such a grounded approach at this level of command of mathematical tools.
This special blend is ENSAE’s take on “data science”, and reaches out to the vast domain of “Artificial Intelligence”. Within AI, ENSAE’s contribution has a strong focus on mathematical foundations (since statistical learning is the beating heart of the AI revolution) and on decision-oriented applications. It comes as no surprise that two-thirds of our students specialize in Data Science and Statistical Learning.
All our courses are academically demanding and built on close links with major industry professionals. The rhythm of study is intense but definitely worth it !
Our graduates make sucessful careers in a variety of domains, ranging from academic research, tech companies, banks, insurance companies, consultancy firms, but also government or international organizations. ENSAE Graduates earn among the highest salaries for “Grandes écoles” graduates, which says a lot about how keenly theirs skills are sought after.
You should seriously consider joining ENSAE Paris if…
- you have a taste for Maths and Computer science and you want to apply them to make decisions in the real world → become an ENSAE Data scientist
- you enjoy Maths, Computer science and/or Economics, and you are attracted to financial careers → become an ENSAE Financial engineer or Actuary
- your have a passion for Economics or Social sciences, you want to understand the world and make a difference to change it → become an ENSAE Economist, Sociologist or Social Data scientist
- you like both Maths and Economics and you are looking for a rigourous scientific training to make a career in Business strategic decision → become an ENSAE Strategist-economist data scientist
- you are not sure about which career you want to embrace but you love Science, Applied Math (whether to Economics, Physics or any other field), and are looking for a challenging program with many possibilities → join ENSAE Paris, you will acquire a strong and large scientific basis and excellent skills in mathematical modelling. Our school and committed staff and academics will help you construct your own track within and across our specialization fields so as to open numerous doors and careers in virtually all industries.
- you are attracted to research → join ENSAE Paris, you will acquire large and advanced scientific skills which provide a robust basis for continuation to our PhD programs, within our research center CREST or another IP Paris lab.