Foreign students can be admitted to ENSAE
- by competitive examination; given the nature of the French system of competitive examinations for admission to grandes écoles, these ways of admission are particularly suited to foreign students who have already studied in the French system, especially those who have been in classes préparatoires.
- on the basis of academic qualifications, for students who have graduated from institutions of comparable standards in their own countries. A high standard in mathematics as well as an adequate command of written and spoken French are essential to succeed at ENSAE.
- through the fifteen-month graduate programme leading to the Mastère Spécialisé de Modélisation Economique et Statistique, on the basis of academic qualifications, for students who have graduated from institutions of comparable standards in their own countries.
- through the double diploma ENSAE-Humboldt-Mannheim-ENSAI, on the basis of academic qualification plus additional tests in mathematics.
- through the ParisTech program "50 chinese engineers"; written tests and interviews take place in China.
PhD students who have passed their qualifying examinations can join the Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique (CREST), ENSAE’s partner research laboratory, to work on their dissertation. ENSAE has also set up student exchange programs with several foreign institutions, including the Universities of Brussels (ULB), Bonn, Geneva, Barcelona (Pompeu Fabra), and Berlin (Humboldt).